Do local governments have legal responsibility to nature?
Natural Asset Management Legal Primer
Join our webinar on February 21st and learn about the latest jurisprudence related to natural asset management in Canada.
Environmental lawyer Ian Moore will highlight potential legal issues and liability for local governments, as well as legal tools to help ensure nature and the services it provides are protected. This event is geared primarily to senior municipal administrators and local elected officials.
Webinar: Natural Asset Management Legal Primer
February 21st, 2023 | 12pm – 1pm ET
Registration required. Register here
MNAI worked with Ian Moore to develop a legal primer that provides practical, relevant information on environmental governance related to natural assets and management of nature’s services in Canada. The Natural Asset Management Legal Primer includes:
- Changing nature of environmental governance
- Interprovincial comparison for legal authority (BC, AB, ON, NB)
- Comparative look at legal tools for protecting and managing natural assets
- Areas of potential legal liability or exposure for municipalities
- Case law, Indigenous law, and legal developments to watch
The Natural Asset Management Legal Primer document will be released in winter of 2023. Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates about this and other activities.